Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yummy Chicken Salad!

I enjoy a good chicken salad (but usually only if I make it because I really don't like mayo). I decided to make some for an easy lunch this week.

I found a good recipe in a Cooking Light cookbook that MIML got me. These recipes are awesome - I have really liked everything I've tried! And they are quick and easy...just what I need...and light which is an extra bonus :)

Here is the recipe for you:

2 cups cubed chicken (I cooked 2 chicken breasts and cut those so it was nicely grilled)
1/2  cup refrigerated pre-diced green bell pepper (I used fresh since I had some from the market)
1/2 cup refrigerated pre-diced celery
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup bottled roasted red pepper - diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup light mayo (I used a little over a tablespoon, since I dont like it)
crushed red pepper flakes to taste (the recipe actually has an amount but I choose to ignore)

For just over 200 cals (this makes 4 servings) you have a delicious chicken salad. It is so colorful too so it looks appetizing! And it is really filling. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment