Monday, October 11, 2010

In Need of Inspiration

As the weather is getting cooler and I know that I will be forced indoors here soon, I am looking forward to projects around the house.

But I have a problem, I am totally lacking inspiration to get these projects started. There are currently 3  house projects that I would like to do.

1. Decor in my living room: At a Bridal Shower this summer, I was totally inspired to get these hurricaine vases.


At the shower, they had pink candles in the smaller ones with dried split peas in the bottom and the big one had lime halfs floating in water with pink gerber daisies floating on top. I had a brilliant idea for how to replicate that, but with fake things so that it would last.

After searching for the vases for months, I finally found them. But when I put them where I thought they would go, I hated the idea that  I had for them. So now I am lost. They are a bit bigger than the ones at the shower, so I think I need to do something different in them.

I am thinking that I can either do something that will always stay in there, or do something seasonal to switch it up. But that requires a LOT more inspiration than what I have.

Here is the rest of the room...



2. My loft - this is going to be my home office/crafting area. So my only requirement is that it needs to be inspiring to me, you know lots of creative vibes.


 I saw this photo on a blog and found that to be my inspiration for my desk area. Note: Need to get a desk but I don't want to spend a ton of money on it. I really want to "slum shop" as Mom says and restore a hidden treasure.


I have seen these pictures around a lot and love them. I love the old magazine covers. I got these 2 for starters, but could always add to the collection.

Since this space is open, I also want it to flow into the surrounding areas, but I  can spice it up with some more color and fun. Which is a necessity - remember, I will be working here.

Also, organization for me is a critical need. I love shelves and cabinets that look nice and don't promote clutter.

3. Ledges - one of things I liked most about my place before I bought it was that it had these awesome ledges (and tons of closet space). When I first moved in, I got some of these things to start decorating on them, but havent done much since. I did buy this picture to go on the one in the living room to bring in some more color. And I really want to get one of those little jockeys that go in gardens on my horse-race themed one in the entry. Other than that, I am stuck.



I was once told that I need to just collect a lot of nic-nacs and find what fits best up there, but as mentioned before, I dont like clutter so I have a hard time getting something that may or may not make the cut of getting displayed.

So, I need your help readers. Please send me lots of inspiration and ideas of what I can do these spaces. All suggestions are welcome! They are basically clean slates, so anything will be a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment