Friday, October 8, 2010

Mad Men

I have officially jumped on the Mad Men bandwagon.


I was told years ago that I would love the show - advertising in the early 60s, I think so!

For Valentine's Day, my parents (yep, they are my Valentine) got me the first season. JMS and I have just now started watching them. Well, we've only gotten through 2 episodes, but we are working on it.

I think it is fascinating. Sometimes I wish that things were still like that. The Men are generally chivalrous, and I love that everyone saw value in dressing up. It is a far cry from the "Creative" world today. (I work on a Creative Team and my business casual attire is considered to be over-dressed.)

Of course there are things that I am glad have changed. It is amazing to see how women in the workforce were treated. We have also advanced so much in technology and knowledge since then.

As many of you know, if I could have lived in another era, this would have been it. At least I have this show to take me back in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment