Sunday, October 10, 2010

FALLing in Love

Ok no, not really...but it got your attention, right?

I have to admit that I was always a summer kinda gal. I loved lazy days by the pool, late nights out with friends, all of the outdoor festivities, the holiday celebrations, and of course, that every moment was perfect for some ice cream.

Well, since I have now worked through my first complete summer, I don't think I like it as much. Yes, it is still fun and I still love all of the things mentioned above (but I don't really get that many lazy days by the pool anymore). But since it is not really a vacation anymore, I think I have fallen out of love with summer. And I am falling in love with early fall.

As you already know, I enjoy almost anything pumpkin. I also just love the feeling in the air and the fall attire. It is always perfect weather for a nice latte, you can still do things outside without feeling miserable, and you can look cute all the time! Although I must say, it is difficult to prepare for 40 degree mornings and 80 degree afternoons.

Another thing that I love is football season!* I miss spending every Saturday tailgating, going to the games and then feeling appropriate in a t-shirt at the bar.



And then add Keeneland on top of that! (I think I like fall Keeneland better than Spring.)


I hope you are enjoying this time of year too!


*I went to my first NFL game today and I loved it!!! And I could totally love being one of those cheerleaders...once I got the confidence/body to wear those little outfits and got used to the drunk, "rowdie" men ...

No comments:

Post a Comment