Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!

Ok, so a lot has been going on lately- some I am proud of, some I am not.

In case you didnt know, I got a new car!!!!! Bye-bye 'Lil Red. You treated me well these past 7ish years (except for your recent freak out on the highway when you decided you didn't feel like doing on anymore). I will always cherish the memories we've had together. You will always be my first.

But HELLO Big Blue! I LOVE you :) - Although I am not too thrilled of what you have done to my bank account.

I am so excited to have power locks and windows, and an AC that continously works. And a clock. I also have some cool other features that make me flat out spoiled.

Anyway, I cant believe it is OCTOBER! The past few weeks have been crazy busy at work- to the point where I just need a break. Hense this post. I am afraid to admit that I have let a lot of other things go over the past couple of weeks. I am still far behind on things around the house and I dont know the last time I went grocery shopping.

So, I am declaring October "Health-Binge" month (H-B Oct). I know that we always strive to live healthy lives, but if you are like me, despite your best intentions you aren't living the best life you could be. So I am making my health (both mental and physical) my first priority this month. Here is what I plan on doing:
  1. My bff JMS talked me into doing this 30-day yoga challenge (yea, that is what kicked off H-B Oct). We will be taking hot yoga classes - the ones where you are in a 95 degree room - all month to relieve stress and toxins. So I will be doing some sort of workout everyday this month.
  2. I want to run a 5k in November. I can easily walk one, but I have never ran one. I dont consider myself a runner, but I am working on it.
  3. Work-life balance: that has been very difficult the past couple of weeks. But I am going to do my best to make sure I am not taking on too much, as I easily tend to do. This also includes spending more time with my friends. I have been doing a lot better at that lately and I realize how much happier it makes me. Sometimes it is easy to look at all you have to do and forget what is really important in your life, and that is the relationships you have.
  4. Healthy eating: I generally do alright in this category, so when I dont, I can really tell. Lately, I havent been as good as I should be, so I want to go back to my old ways. No excuses.
  5. Stop worrying. I've been having terrible dreams lately that make me feel like my life is about to fall apart. For instance, after purchasing Big Blue, I dreamed that my purse fell to the bottom of the ocean and I lost everything because there were sharks surrounding it. {Yes, I may need help.} My financials are really under control, I just have to be on a stricter budget so that I can get back to where I was pre-down payment.
So here we go. I am officially kicking off H-B Oct with my usual liter of water and my first hot yoga class tonight. I am hoping to feel relieved and much better!

Feel free to do it with me! It is my own personal campaign for living a healthier life all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment