Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Obsesh Sesh

There are so many things to like about fall: the weather (until it starts getting too cold), the changing leaves, football, Keeneland, the excitement of the Holidays coming upon us...the list goes on and on.

However, there is one thing that I am just obsessed with, and that is anything PUMPKIN.*
(Ahahaha, you know I couldn't leave out the night of the  "Smashed Pumpkin". Not one of my finest moments.)


As you probably already know, my absolute favorite thing is the Pumpkin Spice Chai from Starbucks. Talk about every fall flavor in your mouth! It is just heavenly.


But this love for pumpkin goes way beyond that tasty drink. I like almost anything pumpkin flavored: pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, even this amazing pumpkin ice cream from Graeters**. (The one thing that I don't care for is a pumpkin roll...not sure why, just doesn't really do it for me.) I found a recipe for a pumpkin dip that I will definitely have to try - and if it is all I am hoping it will be, I will share :)

I also love the Spiced Pumpkin Yankee Candle. I splurged on one the other day just so I could fill my house with the scent. I guess my Macintosh Apples will have to come back out in the winter. I just saw that they also have an Apple Cider flavored candle, which could also be added to a list of fav's.

I have never been to one, but I think it would be so fun to go to a pumpkin patch. I don't know of any scene that shouts "It's fall!" more than this.

So, basically if you mention anything "pumpkin" to me right now, I will probably be all for it.

Do you share my same love for all things pumpkin in the fall?

*The one thing I never really cared for was carving pumpkins. It is extremely messy, and I am easily grossed out by pulling out the insides of it (even though I did every year growing up). I am tempted to try this year and then reuse the insides. Our family never toasted the pumpkin seeds, but something is telling me that I may like them :)
**Ok, so I love any kind of ice cream really. But this one is the current fav. The only thing it is missing is some chocolate, but I think we can fix that...I hear if you get it at the store, not at Kroger like me, they serve it over a warm brownie with graham cracker crumbs...just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment