Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wedding Gift Ideas

Now that wedding season is over for me, I thought it would be good to share some of my favorite gift ideas.

I have mixed emotions when it comes to buying off the Registry. I like it because I know I am getting them something they want and it is so easy to go print it off, pick something out in your price range and you are done.

However, I don't like that it doesn't allow for creativity. I love giving gifts and I love giving creative/personal gifts. Even if it is not something that the lucky couple wants or needs, it is something that is more personal, from me.

Here are some non-registry things that I gave this year:

1. Mr. & Mrs. Aprons - I actually stole this idea from someone else. My SIL was so excited to have her new last name, that I thought she would need something with it on there. And Big Bro likes to cook as well, so it is still practicle for both. The colors match their kitchen.


2. Mr. & Mrs. Beach Towels - This is perfect for the honeymoon when they are excited to officially be Mr. & Mrs. The trick is letting one of them in on it - usually the groom because he won't care as much about the gift - so that they don't pack towels since this was a wedding gift, not a shower gift. We also gave it to them the night before the wedding so that they could pack them.


3. Monogrammed Napkins (Catching the theme yet? You know I love me some embroidered/monogrammed things) - Ok, I was so excited about this one. These actually did come off the registry! But I added a little flavor of me by having them Monogrammed with the last intial. These are the "fancy" napkins, so it was appropriate. I LOVED how they turned out. And may want to have some myself someday...



I also love how the older/wiser married women give gifts as advice to the new bride. Like "Oh, I got this for my wedding and I still use it today." Or, "You will definitely need one of these when..." Experience has taught them well.

What are some of your favorite wedding gifts you gave or received? Are you a registry person, or do you try to give something creative or useful?

2 comments:

  1. those are all really cute ideas!! :)

    i can never decide about the registry either...it just always seems so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always give cash at weddings....but i love your ideas.
    What if the gal isn't going to change her last name?

    ReplyDelete