Friday, October 15, 2010

Another 1-Year to Celebrate

A positive side to being at a transitional point in life is that you can always find an excuse to celebrate something. Each marker along the way ends up being a huge milestone, like, "I actually made it this far!"

A year ago today, I officially became a responsible adult.

A year ago today, I closed on my condo and became a homeowner.

A year ago today, I entered the world of "independence", mortgages, bills, grocery shopping, maintenance, decorating, cleaning and cooking, etc.

A year ago today, I officially starting my journey as a young, single professional branching out on her own, ready to take on what the world had to offer.

So much has changed over the past year - so many new things and figuring out what this new life is going to be. New friends, a new town, making that new town feel like home, going from having 45 roommates to living at home to being on my own, figuring out how to fit everything in (and slipping some along the way), a temporary roomie, a new 4-legged roomie, a new car, new car payment and insurance, my first furniture bills, new recipes, new experiences, the list can go on an on.

This past year has flown by, it feels like just yesterday I was moving in, excited and scared for what I was getting myself into.

Here's to the past year of trying to get the hang of things, now I am looking forward to making it even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment