Thursday, October 14, 2010

Looking Back

Do you ever find yourself reminiscing about past events or certain times of your life? I don't like to dwell on the past, but lately I have been thinking of and even missing some of my former "glory days".

Yes, of course I miss college. Those days are constantly on my mind as they were the best of my life. I was constantly surrounded my all of my friends, and it was one time in my life where I felt like I could do anything. It was so nice always having something to do (maybe too much sometimes) and certain things to look forward to. Now don't get me wrong, I still have all of these things so I am not trying to complain, it is just different now. And truly, I know I don't belong there anymore.

The strange thing is that lately, I have kind of been missing high school. Seriously. Who misses high school? Honestly, I had an enjoyable enough high school experience. It was so nice that my only worries were getting good grades (that was a must in my house), fitting in all the extra-curriculars (some things never change) and picking out the perfect outfit to wear everyday (ok, so I still do this but there doesn't seem to be as much pressure). One thing that I have been missing the most is cheerleading. I had gotten use to not being on the sidelines anymore but for some reason this football season, I wish I could do it all again. I loved every minute of it - not to mention it was my built-in work out schedule. As much as that was my life, I still enjoyed the other aspects of high school. I loved feeling like I knew everyone, or at least who everyone was, and everyone knew - or knew of - me. My best friend "Zoe" and I were inseparable, bobsy-twin cousins and everyone knew it. You didn't get one without the other. I had a big group of friends - I have never been one to just stick with one clique. And high school was the last time I could say I had a boyfriend (don't be fooled, it still wasn't much of anything). I wouldn't say life was easier then. There were definitely stresses, but looking back they were silly and you were still so naive and care-free.

As they say, all good things must come to an end, and to be completely honest, I wouldn't trade anything in my life now to go back. It is just that sometimes it would be nice to relive those days - to remember who you were then and see how it made you who you are today. Because deep down, I am still the cheerleader, the best friend, the over-involved over achiever, and I know that I always will be.

Are there certain times in your life that you would like to relive?

No comments:

Post a Comment