Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Favorite Things:Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Be sure to share your love with those you care about :) Some people think it is depressing to be single on Valentine's Day, but the optimist in me says you don't need that someone special to make this holiday fun!

It's a great excuse to watch rom-coms! I can't wait to see Valentine's Day.


In elementary school, I LOVED the Valentine's Day Party. Remember when we decorated shoe boxes and dropped Valentine's into our classmates' boxes (and it was a REALLY big deal if you had a crush on someone)? The silly things I remember from those years...And you know my box was always decorated to a tee :)


You are practically expected to indulge in lots of chocolate! Who wouldn't like that? Valentine's cookies are a highlight as well.




My favorite Valentine's Day gift I received was this huge stuffed monkey my parents got me when I was in the 3rd grade. I used to sleep on it like a pillow...for some reason I was going through a monkey phase.



My favorite recent tradition was our sorority's Valentine's Date Party- Pick a Mister for your Sister. It was always so much fun to go not knowing (or knowing) who your date was going to be. I loved getting to pick dates for my friends and to see who they picked for me!










I hope that everyone has a wonderful day, and that you get to spend it with those you love! Happy Valentine's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment