Thursday, February 11, 2010

BUNKO!!!

Last night, my mom asked me to sub in her Bunko group. She was hosting and one of the ladies couldnt make it.

You wouldn't think that hanging out with 11 other women all 20-40+ years older than me would be a blast, but it was! I had so much fun and learned a lot from these women. From sharing recipes to listening to them talk about married lives, I was just amazed by them all.

My mother is a wonderful party planner and hostess (wonder where I get it :) ) and she had every little detail perfect! Since it is close to Valentine's day, we had a pj party. Everyone was to wear their pjs- so comf comf! So you have to have pizza at a pj party, so we had pepperoni pinwheels...my personal fav...along with all of the other appetizers and snacks. Next is popcorn, so each table had homemade caramel corn. And a pj party would not be complete without tons of chocolate! We had chocolate martinis, tons of M&Ms, and this chocolate/strawberry lemon tart dessert.

It was also one lady's birthday and since she decided to spend it playing Bunko, they all made sure to celebrate. She had a special birthday martini glass and when they brought out her Blizzard birthday cake (YUM), I think I saw tears fill her eyes. It was so thoughtful!

It was so nice to see this group of women, my mom's friends, having a wonderful time. We had the music TV channel on, and at one point, they had it turned up and were all dancing in the family room! I am not sure if it made me so happy because I saw my mom with her friends, which I never got to see much growing up since it was always me with my friends, or if it reminded me of all the times I spent with my friends knowing that no matter how old we get we will always act the same as we do now. Last night I was reminded that we can always be young at heart. Even though our lives take us in different directions, we get married, have kids, we always have each other and the special bond that women share.



1 comment:

  1. Good reminder that growing up is optional :)

    I hope when we are all at that stage in our lives we will still get together for girl's nights!!!!

    ReplyDelete