Saturday, November 7, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…ok, I am no Julie Andrews, but I couldn’t resist. I have decided to compile lists of my favorite things- inspired by Oprah’s favorite things show. By no means am I any expert, and currently I am financially recovering from buying, furnishing and decorating my house while having just entered the real world, so I am being even more of a “frugalista” than usual. But I hope it is useful, and that you can find something you like as well. Leave comments or other suggestions of things to try- some topics are very hard to narrow down to just one!


My favorite perfume: Burberry London

I love so many different scents, but this is the one I think truly fits me.



My favorite book: Captivating













This book helped me through one of the hardest times in my life. After reading it, I know what my true purpose is. Every girl needs to read this book. (There is a boy version too, Wild at Heart. I heard it is helpful to read that one too, to truly appreciate the men in your life. I’ll work on it and let you know.)
My favorite seasonal drink: Pumpkin Spice Chai
(see earlier post)

My favorite concealer: Este Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer









This covers up anything! I once had a makeup artist doing my makeup for a video shoot (I am not a celebrity or anything) and was amazed that I didn’t have any dark circles. It is also great for the occasional annoying pimple…

My favorite chocolate: Dove Dark Chocolate


Ok, let’s be honest- any chocolate is good for me, but this is divine.

My favorite home scent: Yankee Candles Home Sweet Home
I have this in my house now, and it really does make it homey!

My favorite store: Macy’s

This was probably the hardest thing for me to narrow down- I love many stores. But this is a great one-stop shop for nearly anything you could ever want! Plus, what would Thanksgiving be like without that famous parade? I also love their advertising!


My favorite icon: Audrey Hepburn
It is more like a slight obsession, really. Much of my own style is reflected off hers, both in fashion and in life. What a beautiful person, both inside and out. She is an inspiration to every woman.

Well, there is the first installment! Be looking for even more to come. I hope you can find joy in these things as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment