Thursday, November 5, 2009

So Apparently I Dress Like a Boy...

Let me just start by saying, today was NOT my day. I started it out by running smack into my wall on the way to the bathroom to take a shower this morning. I'm talking loud bang and everything! Luckily I came out with no injuries, but seriously- who does that? I guess I am still getting used to the new place!

To make things better, new boy at work comes up to me and the first thing out of his mouth is, "Oh look, we match today!" (Pause for reaction) Now I will be honest and say that I did not dress to my usual level today- remember how I started out the day, I did not want to take a chance in heels! Typically, I am very stylish and today I was going more for comfort. (I'm not lying. I usually get tons of compliments on my clothes and in high school, I was told that if we had a senior superlative for 'Best Dressed', it would be me!) Anyway, he and I were both wearing argyle sweaters with oxfords underneath. I think his point was that he loves argyle and we have yet another thing in common (because yes, I love argyle too), but this incident has shown me a possibility of why I am still single- I was dressed like a boy today.

My day got a lot better when I got a surprise invite to go shopping tonight and I jumped on the opportunity. Unfortunately, I have a hard time spending my money these days and just couldn't get myself to splurge. I came out with a pair of dress pants and a cardigan. I am very proud of my friend though- she got an entire new look! I think I need to take her route and try some new things. I am always afraid that I can't pull off certain looks, and tonight she showed me that I shouldn't be afraid to just try it. I just don't do well with trendy...we will see how this mission goes. I just need to get over my fear of spending. I don't know how it happened- now that I am in the real world, I am making more money, yet spending less?

Dear Santa, please bring me money so I can go on a shopping spree.

Goal for tomorrow-cute outfit! And maybe a better start to the day...

1 comment:

  1. what happened is paying your own bills....just a thought ;)

    i had so much fun with you!! and thanks for the shout-out! with "best dressed" superlative, you clearly don't need a new route. i'm just sayin'...don't be too hard on yourself!

    i think the main point of this story is...how cute is new boy!?

    ReplyDelete