Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Spooktacular Weekend!

I feel like I need to give myself a pat on the back for this social weekend I had! I went out Thursday, Friday and Saturday! It was rare for me to even do that in college. Now don't be mistaken, I wasn't going crazy every night (I dont think I am ever really wild), but it was nice to be making new friends and to spend time with the old ones :)

I think Halloween is a fun holiday, but I don't really get into that much. I despise scary movies, am terrified of anything "haunted" and can never live up to the pressure of having a good costume. I am not one of those people who can pull off costumes. I think I always look silly, but I love looking at how creative other people are with theirs! They inspire me to do better the next year.


To give Halloween some credit, it is a fun time to go to a good party, and that is exactly what I did. A friend from high school organized a party at a local bar for the young professional group from her college. So I grabbed my other two girlfriends, put on something that you could call a costume and went out to have a good time meeting new people.

Since I didnt want to be confused for a ghost, I decided to go get a spray tan for the first time, and I think I am hooked! It was so quick and easy, and no need to be paranoid about getting skin cancer. I didn't come out orange either! It looks pretty natural! I was always so afraid of the awkwardness of standing naked in front of someone as they spray you- I would rank that not too far under the annual gyno visit! Luckily, they have machines that spray you and it literally takes 5 minutes! My only warning to those who have never done it before- it is REALLY cold. They don't warn you about that either. We will see how long it lasts, but so far, I am liking this new discovery of mine.

The party was a blast! This was the first time since we've been here, that people actually came up to talk to us! Even better, all three of us had guys approaching us all night! What is that?! We quickly became friends with Alvin, Superman, and 007 (he was mine, and talked in the British accent that just made my heart melt). The best part of the night was spending time with the girls. We got ready together and came home for a sleepover. I love reliving the stories of the night before with the girls. I think everyone had a great time and I am so glad that we went.

It was the first time that I felt a sense of finally belonging in this city. Not only was it nice that we weren't being ignored as usual, but I am so happy to have these girls in my life. I actually just met one of them this summer, and the other has been one of my best friends for a while, but I think that we are all going to be great friends and have many more fun times ahead!

Even though Halloween isn't my favorite, I think that last night will rank highly on my list for years to come. I will cherish that night for a long time because there is nothing more special than spending time with good friends. I think this was a milestone for us. It is going to go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment