Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh Happy Day

I should have known today was going to be a good day when I found my favorite lip gloss (I thought I lost in June) this morning! I also started off the day with my own version of a caramel apple spice. Not too bad if I do say so myself!

Work flew by because we were crazy busy, but luckily I was told to leave at 4 (I still have my job, no worries). Since I was up in their neck of the woods, I decided to stop by my parents' house for a while. It was so nice to see them and catch up. I never thought I would miss them when I am not really far away, but I do. I have still not been able to go into my old room- which has turned into Santa Land. My parents were telling me some of their stories from their younger days...wow! We definitely live in a different world today, but it was so much fun to laugh with them and spend time with them.

Then, I went to dinner with my friend for her birthday! (I like using nicknames, so we will call her Mimi so no one gets confused :)) Anyway, I thought it was just going to be a few of us, and was surprised when some more of her friends came. It was so much fun! I hadn't laughed that much in a long time and I really think there are going to be some good friendships developing there. We went to the cutest restaurant, but it was really the company that made the night so special. I think that Mimi had a great birthday (at least I hope so!)

And to top my day off, I started listening to Christmas music! I know it's a little early for some people, but if it is on the radio, I have to listen! Not only that, but since I know every word to nearly every song, I have to sing along. So warning to you all in our northern city, if you see me driving along in Lil' Red belting at top of my lungs, I am just getting into the Christmas spirit.

Well luckily it is getting closer to the weekend and I cant wait for the fun that awaits!

1 comment:

  1. i did have an amazing birthday!! i'm so glad i got to spend time with friends in the middle of a busy week! thank you for being such a wonderful friend and making time for me as well :)

    ...but i'm sticking to my guns...it's still too early for christmas music. decorations, no. music, yes, too early.

    ReplyDelete