Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways

Ok, so three posts in one day may be a little excessive, but due to current events, I feel like this is an important post and the sooner the better.

I have always been a strong believer that God takes care of us all, as easy as it is for us all to forget. I have found that I remind myself of this everyday, sometimes to just make it through the day. We all fall under the trap of feeling sorry for ourselves, and I am determined now more than ever to not take everything that I have for granted.

This week, one of my dear friends told us that her dad has cancer. I have been so lucky to have not been exposed to this ugly disease yet, but I am now realizing how truly scary it is. Her dad has been so special to us all, and we are devastated to hear this news. All we can do now is pray, and give all our love and support to her family. Please join us in praying for this wonderful man. He is a fighter and will make it through this.

There was also some news this week in my family that could mean some drastic changes are in place. Some hit hard, but others are worth celebrating. At first, the bad news really hard for me to accept. I was angry and thought my whole world was caving in. Then, my mom reminded me of what is truly important. On the positive side, my brother is now engaged and I was thinking of the path he took to get there. (That news should have gone in an earlier post I know...but I am so excited about my new sister!)

I easily forget what really matters in life. It's not a job, the fact that my thermostat is broken, or that I haven't lived the life I would have picutred for myself. What is truly important is the people you currently have in your life- your family and friends- and the faith that keeps you going. In no matter what the occasion, it is in our darkest hours that the greatest things can happen.

I think we need to remind ourselves of this constantly, because we get caught up in the things that don't matter and forget to cherish the things that do. Time is too short not to. Although we may not understand why we have to go through the things that we do, God does. We simply have to give our lives to Him, and He will take care of the rest. Sounds easy huh? I have found that there comes a time when that is the only thing that will help you carry on.

So there you have it, my words of wisdom for the day. I hope that it can be a reminder to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment