Monday, August 16, 2010

I Have a Sister!

It is official, I can now remove the "Future" from my SIL. Big Bro and SIL tied the knot on Saturday! Despite a 60% chance of rain, some crazy relatives, and a hair mishap, the wedding went on beautifully!



I was at the end of the line, so I had a hard time seeing the ceremony, but rumor has it that Big Bro almost teared up when SIL started coming down the aisle!

I am so excited to officially welcome SIL to the family! I guess since I never had one, I was never the girl who always wanted a sister. I have great girlfriends in my life (and my Big Sis, MIML) and that has always been enough for me. But now I have something extra special, a real older sister and close friend. I am looking forward to the years we will share together, teasing Big Bro, pulling pranks, and having another person to go to for advice.

Congrats Big Bro and SIL! I am so excited for you and hope to someday find the love and joy that you have found in each other. (At least to just get everyone to stop asking me when it's going to be my turn...talk about pressure! :) ) Love you both!

*PS I did NOT cry at the wedding at all! Aren't ya'll proud? I think I should get all of the money that was bet on me shedding the first tear! I did cry at bit at the rehearsal dinner, however. But in my defense, it is because Daddy got a but choked up giving his toast. He is not supposed to cry. (Mom said the only other time she saw him do that was the day I was born.) If he thinks this is hard, just wait until it is my turn! We are going to need to get him a tranquilizer.
**Thank you to everyone who helped make my birthday so special! I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. I will share more on the festivities soon!


1 comment: