Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How do you celebrate?

I got to celebrate by birthday with my friends early, but the celebration lasted all week long!

I felt so special on my actual birthday from all of the facebook love, to the continuous buzzing on my phone and even my colleagues at work made sure my day was different than the norm.

It all started with waking up in the middle of the morning from text messages of people sending birthday wishes. Then at work, they brought me donuts and cookies (pink and green because they looked like me). It was so hard for me to get any work done!

All I wanted to do was go see my team since they were in town. The night before there was a huge fight at the game so we knew it was going to be exciting!

Well, all of the excitement drained as I was stuck in traffic looking for somewhere to park. You would not believe that it took me over an hour and a half to find somewhere to park! I had a minor anxiety attack after I got yelled at by a cop - it was a very stressful situation. I felt so bad because my dad was standing outside the ballpark waiting for me. I told him to just go in because I wasn't going to make the game. He wanted to spend time with me so I picked him up on the side of the road and after driving for a bit longer, we found a meter that I could park at! I only had enough change for an hour and a half, but at least I made it.

We got to our seats just in time to see the Cards hit a grand slam! I love seeing my favorite players on the field and spending time with my family.

It did start raining during the game, but just in time for me to leave. I had to head down to Lexington to give my favorite Deltas some treats to help them get through recruitment prep. Then I got to celebrate in a really special way!

I was invited to go down to the Bengals Training Camp and watch them practice. It was so much fun!

I met my "long lost relative" David Fulcher. He was a hot shot Bengal back in the 80s and since I have lived here, people ask my family if we are related. Well, don't you see the resemblance?

It was so cool to be that close to the players!

(Ochocinco riding around...shouldn't he be practicing?)

TO on the field showing off.

We even had an autograph session. I am not sure how we did it, but I ended up with a football signed by Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco, Coach Lewis, and even the new star, TO! How did we manage that? I don't know. It was kind of a blur to me but what an adrenaline rush! My mom had the great comparison that it is similar to getting the great sales on the day after Thanksgiving.

What a great way to celebrate! I had such a great day! Thank you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment