Monday, December 28, 2009

Surprise!

Yes, I am still in Tennessee, but Dad and I snuck away to Panera to get some Internet. (The truth is that I had to check on some work stuff, but of course it wasn't done.)

So while he checks his emails I figure it is time to write a post!

The trip has been good- nice to see family that we don't get to see often. And it is nice while everyone is busy visiting, I get some quality thinking time. There has been so much going through my head the past few months so it is good for me to get away and try to clear things up....not that I have but I am getting there....At least I have a 6 hour ride back with Mom to talk it over.

Big bro and the fiance are coming in tomorrow...this Christmas has been great because all of the attention is on him. I haven't felt like talking about my job or house or anything so its nice that everyone really wants to talk to him.

Yesterday, Mom and Granny and I snuck out to do a little shopping! Mom likes to stalk up on her Christmas things for the next year and I just like to look for good deals. For example, I got the entire SATC collection for $70!!!! Using a Christmas gift card, it brought it down to just $26- what a steal! Plus there are some stores down here that we don't have at home, so it is nice to see what I can get that wont look like everyone else.

Unfortunately my team lost our Bowl Game last night. What a bummer. I hope that some other teams I am rooting for will win their games.

So as you can see, nothing too exciting going on down here, but it is nice to get away for a while. (Not to mention the sun is shining, no snow and I don't need to wear 40 layers.) I will be back up North soon to celebrate the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment