Friday, December 11, 2009

My Favorite Things, Christmas Edition

I am terribly sorry that I have been slacking lately on my Favorite Things. Here are my Favorite Things for Christmas:


My favorite Christmas song: O Holy Night
Josh Groban and Celine Dion both have wonderful versions of this song. I can only imagine what it would be like if they sang it together one day! Oh but I just hear Carrie Underwood sing it on her Christmas special and I think that might rank up there as well. (Maybe one day I will be her...)




My Favorite Christmas movie: The Holiday, The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life
Ok, so I couldn’t really narrow it down, but I love them all!



My favorite Christmas tradition: Going to candlelight service on Christmas Eve.
Since we go back South for Christmas, we go to the church where my mom grew up. I moved away from there when I was 5, and only see the people there once a year. I am not a big fan of the awkward hellos and everyone telling me how grown up I am getting- but the best part is goofing off with my uncle and dodging all of the old people who come to say hi…They are all my grandma’s friends who watched my mom and uncle grow up. He is just so funny so it makes the situation much more bearable.

My Favorite Christmas treat: My grandma’s sugar cookies and my mom's cookie bouquet cookies
Look how cute! These are the ones I made for the company Christmas party.






Some other favorites:
I do love all things peppermint as well…Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, Peppermint Bark…you get the idea. Dove now has peppermint bark, so be sure to get you some of that this year!
The Nutcracker is my favorite Christmas show. I could listen to that music all year long :)



I love looking at Christmas lights and decorations.


Lifetime Christmas movies are always good too!


Share your favorite things about Christmas too!


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. We have Dove peppermint bark in the candy dish on our coffee table! I'm always sneaking a piece...it's delicious! You get the dark chocolate AND the peppermint...mmm...

    ReplyDelete