Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer's Opening Weekend

We have officially kicked off my favorite time of the year! And I couldn't think of a better way to do it, well besides the fact that I missed SATC2 with my best friends.

This weekend I went to our lake house with my parents. Since life has been busy lately (when is it not right?) going away to where life is a little slower is just what I needed. No computer, no work, I did have a TV and phone but rarely used them. It was just so relaxing!

I spent most of the day soaking up the sun on the boat. I wish I had pictures to show you. The water and mountains are just beautiful. I also read 2 books over the weekend. Thanks, future SIL, they are truly handbooks for us Southern girls to live by :) Now I feel totally rejuvenated for another week at the office (and it is a short one!)

June is going to be such a fun month! I cant wait to take a roadtrip with the girls this weekend to our favorite city, another trip the following week to a dear friends' wedding where I get to spend time with other friends I rarely get to see, a new roomie for the summer, another wedding, and then the women of the family and our friends celebrate and welcome future SIL into the family!

Whew! I have a feeling June is going to fly by but it will be full of celebration and spending time with the people that matter most to me.

I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend and are as excited for summer as I am!

Have a great 4-day week!



2 comments:

  1. You'll have to let me know what books these are so I can read them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the books! It sounds like you had an awesome weekend, glad you got some you time away from your job and all the craziness. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! ~Future SIL :)

    ReplyDelete