Monday, May 24, 2010

Not Enough Hours

Do you feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day? With a full-time (and some over time) job, a house to manage, family obligations, trying to take care of yourself, and trying to build a social life on top of it all, it just seems that you can't fit everything you need to in one day.

I feel like I am so far behind on things. I can't tell you the last time that I really cleaned my house. Yes, I will routinely vacuum and dust as often as I can. But when it comes to really scrubbing things down and disinfecting the entire place, I just can't seem to fit it in! (It is on the agenda for tonight, so hopefully there will be no distractions.) The goal was to finish it this weekend, but my cousin was in town and every chance I had to get my chores done, I would get a call asking to meet them for dinner or something - and if you don't then you are being rude.

I realized over the weekend when I finally cleaned out my car that I am a few thousand miles late in getting an oil change. Oops. Add that to the list.

I am trying my best to come up with a routine workout schedule. But I have come to learn, nothing is routine anymore. I am lucky if I make my favorite class once a week.

Since I was a complete hermit this winter and nearly avoided having a social life, I have gone to the opposite extreme and have tried to say yes to almost every opportunity that arises. Oh, how I love summertime. This switch in priorities makes getting everything done more difficult, but is necessary and a bit more important at this point. Now it just comes to being creative and finding new ways to multitask to fit it all in. I realize I better master this skill now, because when I have a family of my own to take care of, it will only be more difficult!

Thank goodness we have a long weekend coming up. I am looking forward to a weekend getaway with nothing on the mind but a little R&R. Until then, I will be cramming to get everything else done :)

May we all have a fun (this weather is amazing, besides the humidity) and productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment