Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bad Hair Day/Month

A few weeks ago I went to get my usual trim. I am a little particular about my hair (any surprise there?) so I make sure I have a picture of the style I like. Usually I let my awesome hair lady do what she thinks is best, using the picture as a starting point. Last time I got a new style, I ended up really liking it! It usually takes a lot for me to actually like my hair. So I brought the exact same picture to get the same style.

Well, I walked out of there with a cut that doesn't even resemble what I had before! I was slightly disappointed because we typically rave about this hair lady! (You can see the evidence of her awesome work on MIML) What happened? I blame it on her being preggars. She is about pop any day now, and I think it was getting to her. She loved my 'do' that day, but I was less than thrilled.

I tried to be patient, let it 'grow' on me, if you will. It usually takes about 2 weeks for it to lay correctly, or so they say. Well I am in week 2 and it has gotten worse. Maybe it is because of the weather. Maybe I just can't do trendy hair. Maybe it is just a bad haircut. Maybe I am overreacting. As of today, I have had enough! My bangs don't swoop, there are too many layers that grab my natural curl and flip every way possible, and it just looks like a cut from like 10 years ago.

So I have decided to let these layers go and do my best with it until it is ready to be fixed. I have been contemplating growing it out for a while, so maybe this is my opportunity. (I love the idea of long hair, just not the way it looks on me.) I love doing different things with my hair, so maybe being a bit longer is just what I need. Now, long for me is touching my shoulders so I might let it go just a big longer than that - nothing too dramatic! Most people don't even know what long hair looks like on me.

I am at a loss, and just so over trying to find that perfect cut! (It is almost as hard for me as finding the perfect man...maybe I am just too hard to please?) Any suggestions or opinions of what I should do? Any suggestions of what to do in the meantime to tame these locks?

No comments:

Post a Comment