Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Good Read: The Shack

I just finished the book, The Shack. I have been working on reading it since Christmas...and finally made time to sit down and finish it. (One thing to mark off the list and it is not even February yet!)

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to visualize what it could be like to literally spend a weekend in God's presence. Now this was someone else's interpretation of what it could be like, but the words are moving. What I liked most about it was that there were so many good phrases that really resonated with me- so many things that made a lot of sense the way they were written.

There are two things that I am taking away from this book:
1) Everything happens for a reason- and this is God's plan. But even when we can't imagine why certain things are happening to us, we need to have that faith, don't blame anyone, especially God, and forgive immediately. Trust God.

2) He is always with us, no matter how alone we may feel. Enough said.

It is an inspiring book and the words leave you wanting more!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book! I've started going to this Young Adult Catholic ministry called Theology on Tap and I seem to get at least one good take away each week....sometimes it's nice to have reminders that there is something greater :)

    ReplyDelete