Friday, January 29, 2010

Thank Goodness It's almost February!

I don't know about you, but I am ready for February! We are getting closer to warmer weather :) They say that January is the most depressing month of the year, and I couldn't agree more. No wonder no one can keep a New Year's Resolution- the odds are definitely against you! So for all of you who are looking back over the past month, thinking, "Maybe next year...", don't give up just yet! As Henry Moore says, "I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's."

So even if I haven't been reaching any goals set for myself, I am going to start over. This coming month, I have a list of things that I would like to do:
  • Get back on track with working out. All those resolutioners should be giving up about now, so I have one less excuse not to go to the gym. Now getting past the cold weather is another story....
  • Paint my bathroom. This one is already kind of started- I have the paint already!
  • Finish some books. I have plenty that I want to read, I just need to do it.
  • Catch up on my scrapbooking. I am still on last year! My friend over at Simply MJ has inspired me to get back to being crafty :)
  • Reorganize my closets and cabinets.
  • Make a trip to Lexington

Ok, so that may be a little ambitious considering this is a short month, and with work picking up I find that I have less time to spend on things because I feel so tired and lazy when I get home. But I do think that by making little steps like this, I will see how they transfer into long-term results :)

Well, I am happy that I have specific things to look forward to! And I hope you can look forward to more posts now too! I encourage you to make a little To-Do for this month as well, and remember that you can start over every day :)

And yay for the end of this month! I am ready for my new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment