Saturday, April 24, 2010

Julie and Julia

I just watched Julie and Julia. Yes, I know I am a little behind. It was a really cute movie! It sort of reminds me of my own admiration of American icons, both past and present.

Not only did it inspire me to be a better cook (I am still working hard at it), but it also inspired me to be a better blogger. How to do this? I am not quite sure yet. If you have any suggestions, I would gladly take them! (I am open to critique - just don't be too harsh. I mean, this is my life we are talking about here :) )

As for the cooking, well, I just need more excuses to cook. I decided that it was too expensive to try all these fancy recipes for just me, especially when I am perfectly fine living off of pb&j and cereal. (Maybe a boy would be more appreciative of my hard work?) Plus, the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is spend hours in the kitchen and still have to clean up a bunch of dishes!

My recent ktichen adventure was with some of my new favorite cookies thanks to Simply MJ. These lemon drop cookies are the bomb and will definitely be added to my list of favorite recipes.

If you haven't seen it yet, I do recommend Julie and Julia. Maybe eat first, because it will sure make you crave something yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment