Monday, February 28, 2011

Cooking for 1

I am in a bit of a menu rut. I bring my lunch to work everyday, but I am getting sick of having the same thing over and over. And I want to be creative with my "dinners" as well, but I find it so hard to cook for one. You either have something boring (aka bowl of cereal or pb&j) or you have a recipe that makes enough for 10 people. I just want to find a happy medium.

Do you have any suggestions? What do you do to keep a variety in your menu?

Note: I hate spending money on food so I don't want anything to extravagant and I am also looking for light/nutritious options - but I can make substitutions.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe bringing in lunch for a few co-workers ;)? Pick a day of the week, and that person provides lunch that day, and someone else the next?

    ReplyDelete