Sunday, March 20, 2011

Creative in the Kitchen

So you know I am always trying to spice up my life in the kitchen (maybe that is a problem really). Well this weekend, I tried something new that I created without a recipe - mini calzones!!! It was so cute and I think they would be a great mini-meal, snack or appy. This is what I did:

-Made homemade whole wheat pizza dough (recipe here)
-Once dough was ready, I broke it into 8 pieces - like it was a piece of pizza
-Rolled it out thin
-Spooned approx. 2 Tbsp of LF ricotta cheese in the center
-Fold dough in half, close the edges and put on baking sheet. {They were a bit bland, so I suggest brushing a bit of olive oil on the top and sprinkling some italian seasoning or using herbs as well).
- Bake at 350 for around 20-25 minutes
- Serve with a side of pizza sauce

So fun!

Another thing that I like for lunch is a veggie wrap. I made one for tomorrow and am pretty excited about it! Here is what I do for that:

-Spread LF cream cheese on a wheat tortilla (you can use whatever kind you want, but again, I like to add a little seasoning)
- Add spinach, tomato slices, cucumber slices, mushrooms, shredded carrots and sprouts (it's a good filler and like no cals)

So tasty and that is pretty close to a full day's worth of veggies right? Ha!

What kinds of kitchen creations have you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment